- 1A scene in a movie, novel, etc., set in a time earlier than the main story: in a series of flashbacks, we follow the pair through their teenage yearsMore example sentences
- The talk show framing device allows Ricky (hidden in the shadows) to narrate his story in flashback.
- The story is narrated in flashback by Louis, in a letter written from his prison cell.
- While the film's story is told in flashback, it is certainly a look forward, into the future, for its director.
- 1.1A sudden and disturbing vivid memory of an event in the past, typically as the result of psychological trauma or taking LSD.More example sentences
- The disorder is thus characterised by involuntary, persistent remembering or reliving the traumatic event in flashbacks, vivid memories, and recurrent dreams.
- If you have PTSD, you may have vivid nightmares, flashbacks, and bad memories.
- Ordinary events can serve as reminders of the trauma and trigger flashbacks or intrusive images.
More definitions of flashbackDefinition of flashback in:
- The British & World English dictionary