- A horse race over level ground, as opposed to a steeplechase or hurdles.More example sentences
- ‘It seemed to be a very important finding that horses coped much worse if their first race was over a long distance, and that first-race effect particularly noticeable in National Hunt flat races,’ Woods said.
- Over a glittering career, Mr FitzGerald trained more than 1,200 winners over both jumps and flat races.
- In addition to sponsoring flat races at the country's 59 racetracks, the British fund is in the middle of a major program for jump races.
- More example sentences
- With its sprint track, the racecourse serves a very useful purpose for flat racing in the spring and autumn.
- His ban, which is the maximum for the offence, is due to start on Tuesday 16 March and run until Thursday 8 April on days on which flat racing is scheduled to take place.
- The final day of flat racing at Ascot was called off after the first race on Saturday because of a bomb threat.
More definitions of flat raceDefinition of flat race in:
- The British & World English dictionary