1 (also flatlands) Land with no hills, valleys, or mountains: another 100 miles of flatland
More example sentences
- It subsumes mountain ranges, valleys and flatlands at an elevation range of more than 6,000 feet.
- After exploring gentle mountain slopes, taiga flatland and highland barrens, we suddenly reached the plateau's edge.
- The fertile valley, surrounded by desert mountains, ends in flatlands and on to the sea.
- she’s been enthralling flatlanders with her tales of the mountainsMore example sentences
- If my original vision had been correct, this wouldn't be a problem because all of the trees would be planted in the same area, easily accessible by flatlanders such as ourselves.
- I was raised a flatlander in St Louis - but my Olympic-minded cousin (now an international skating judge) moved here to train 22 years ago, and I fell in love with this place visiting him.
- That said, hiking here takes preparation, especially for flatlanders.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of flatland in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.