Definition of flavone in English:
1A colorless crystalline compound that is the basis of a number of white or yellow plant pigments.
- Flavonoids are plant derivatives of flavone with various degrees of hydroxylation and glycosidic substitutions.
- The flavone apigenin, found in high concentrations in parsley, provides an effect similar to that of 13C - protecting the body from bad estrogens.
- It has been recently reported the presence in Valeriana of the flavone 6-methylapigenin and the flavanone glycoside hesperidin.
1.1Any of the plant pigments of which flavone is the basis.
- In the pre-stages, when the base and stalk cells were not fully developed, Naturstoffreagent A gave an orange-yellow fluorescence to flavones.
- The secretory four-celled head showed up in the developing stage, becoming stained fluorescent orange with the Naturstoffreagent A which indicated flavones.
- Honeysuckle flowers contain flavonols, flavones, catechins, isoflavanones, and anthocyanins.
Words that rhyme with flavonebirthstone • endzone
Definition of flavone in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.