- Any of a large class of plant pigments having a structure based on or similar to that of flavone.More example sentences
- Such chemicals as carotenoids, flavonoids and phenols are generally present in foods of plant rather than animal origin.
- Apples are rich in plant compounds called flavonoids including catechin and quercetin.
- Naturally occurring plant pigments, flavonoids are one of the reasons fruits and vegetables are so good for you.
More definitions of flavonoidDefinition of flavonoid in:
- The British & World English dictionary