- Any of a class of conjugated proteins that contain flavins and are involved in oxidation reactions in cells.More example sentences
- This flavoprotein is a serine-threonine protein kinase able to phosphorylate its serine and threonine residues.
- Xanthine oxidase, a flavoprotein, catalyses the oxidation of hypoxanthine to xanthine and then generated superoxide and uric acid.
- This would be analogous to other flavoproteins such as mercuric ion reductase, lipoamide dehydrogenase, and thioredoxin reductase.
More definitions of flavoproteinDefinition of flavoprotein in:
- The British & World English dictionary