Definition of flea beetle in English:
A small jumping leaf beetle that can be a pest of plants such as crucifers.
- Phyllotreta and other genera, family Chrysomelidae
- Iowa State University also includes a discussion of the flea beetle at their Integrated Crop Management Web site.
- When you see a small black beetle jumping off your plants when you approach you might be tempted to call it a flea beetle.
- The corn flea beetle feeds directly on corn and is a vector of the Stewart's wilt bacterium.
Definition of flea beetle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.