Definition of flesh fly in English:
A fly that breeds in carrion, typically producing live young that are deposited on a carcass.
- Family Sarcophagidae: Sarcophaga and other genera
- A similar lack of cycling has been reported in the adult head of the flesh fly.
- This dung or carrion mimicry attracts flesh flies, rove beetles, and even mosquitoes, all of which have been observed with pollen on them.
- What was decomposing the carcasses, given the total absence of fossils of the larger flies, such as flesh flies and blowflies (whose larvae, which we call maggots, feed on carrion)?
Definition of flesh fly in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.