- Provide (an arrow) with feathers for flight: most arrows are fletched with 3- to 5-inch feathersMore example sentences
- A yew longbow rested on his shoulder; the hawk feather fletched arrows were in the quiver on the other.
- I said nothing as Ella aimed carefully and delivered six feather fletched arrows to the center circle on te target.
- She now had her own elven bow that Tré had carved for her, and the silvery green, wooden arrows were fletched with owl feathers, and flew true.
nounBack to top
- Each of the feathered vanes of an arrow: [in combination]: a four-fletch arrowMore example sentences
- The archers name or initials must be marked on the arrow shaft near the fletches or in the area provided by the manufacturer.
- The faster the arrow the smaller the fletch can be (usually).
- Usually three fletches are glued to the arrow shaft near the rear of the arrow.
mid 17th century: alteration of fledge, probably influenced by fletcher.
More definitions of fletchDefinition of fletch in:
- The British & World English dictionary