- The action of bending or the condition of being bent, especially the bending of a limb or joint: flexion of the fingers these protozoans can move by body flexionsMore example sentences
- During flexion, the spinal cord lengthens.
- The wound was closed in layers, and a compressive dressing was applied with the ankle in slight plantar flexion.
- The patient should be supine with some flexion of the dorsal spine to relax the tension of the anterior abdominal wall.
early 17th century: from Latin flexio(n-), from flectere 'to bend'.
More definitions of flexionDefinition of flexion in:
- The British & World English dictionary