Definition of flexography in English:
A rotary relief printing method using rubber or plastic plates and fluid inks or dyes for printing on fabrics and impervious materials such as plastics, as well as on paper.
- Printing on aluminum foil can be accomplished by any commercial process, including rotogravure, flexography, lithography, and letterpress.
- For graphics on paperboard cartons, users request flexography, lithography and hot stamping as well as thermochromatic and food-contact inks.
- Offset is the printing method at 90.6 percent of the papers; 7.1 percent are printed by letterpress; and 2.4 percent are printed by other methods, including flexography or gravure or a combination of methods.
- Example sentences
- We produce shrink-sleeve, roll to-roll, roll-on shrink-on, pressuresensitive, and synthetic labels, as well as using digital, flexographic, and lithographic printing.
- Printing processes, including lithographic, flexographic and more advanced rotogravure, now can accommodate up to 10 colors and metallic inks.
- We operate out of two technologically advanced converting facilities in Farmingdale, offering customers a choice of rotogravure or modified flexographic printing up to 10 colors.
Definition of flexography in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan