Definition of flip side in English:
1The less important side of a pop single record; the B-side.
- In stark comparison the flip side is the positively upbeat-ish ‘Barcelona’.
- This is the flip side of the band's debut, when clubs become crowded with gangsters instead of the young and beautiful.
- As always my favourite is found grazing idly on the flip side.
1.1Another aspect or version of something, especially its reverse or its unwanted concomitant: virtues are the flip side of vices
More example sentences
- Indeed his flaw is really the flip side of his virtue.
- And anyway isn't all that an indivisible flip side of other more positive aspects of masculinity?
- On the flip side, indie developers do get recognition from the online gaming community if their title is good.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan