1A condition in which the kidneys are abnormally movable.
- This in turn leads to gastric atony, floating kidney, hernia, rectal prolapse, uterine prolapse and other forms of prolapse.
- Although most of these new techniques and concepts were soundly based, others, such as floating kidney, were later ridiculed and discredited.
- The 11th and 12th ribs were subluxated, giving the appearance of tumor, diagnosed as floating kidney.
1.1A kidney which is abnormally movable.
- It may not matter much that his early critics included Leon Trotsky (who called him the floating kidney of the working class a conduit for all sorts of revolutionary excreta) or Ezra Pound (who called him an ignorant ape).
- A friend of mine has been told that one of her cats has a floating kidney.
- He said to her, "Ms Mattie, We cannot pray for you having a floating kidney." She smiled and said, "I really don't see why not."
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: float·ing kid·ney
Definition of floating kidney in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.