nounchiefly North American
- A tall lamp designed to stand on the floor.More example sentences
- In terms of function, this room could be improved with the addition of another reading light, perhaps a floor lamp standing between the sofa and the chair.
- There was a ceiling fan and light fixture, along with a tall floor lamp next to each bunk bed.
- A basic floor lamp, or directional lamp that can allow light to be shaded upon a wall or ceiling, can draw attention to any desired area or emphasize ceiling height.
More definitions of floor lampDefinition of floor lamp in:
- The British & World English dictionary