Definition of floor manager in English:
1The stage manager of a television production.
- Only 18 months before, I'd been working as a floor manager at an Irish television station, listening to them on the radio, and then suddenly I was in the room with them.
- I first met him in the Sixties, when he was a floor manager for Thames Television, and I was an actor.
- Twenty people attend, including pundits, commentators, the floor manager, producer and editor.
2An employee in a large store who supervises other salespeople.
- Louise works alongside the floor manager and with the staff.
- One of my floor manager supervisor type people has been behaving very strangely lately.
- With chain stores, speak to the floor manager or the most senior person in the vicinity.
Definition of floor manager in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan