(also floozie, floosie)
noun (plural floozies)• informal
- A girl or a woman who has a reputation for promiscuity.More example sentences
- This at first appears to be a forgotten reference to the round-heeled shoes worn by floozies in some historical period though, in fact having round heels just means she's more likely to fall over on her back: to be, literally, a pushover.
- The long scene in which James lies in Josie's arms and confesses his worst sin - that he missed his mother's funeral because he was holed up drunk with a floozy - becomes a stirring act of sexual healing.
- Receiving an anonymous tip that her husband is fooling around with a floozy named Bridget the woman goes stomping out into the terrified city, bent on revenge.
early 20th century: perhaps related to flossy or to dialect floosy 'fluffy'.
More definitions of floozyDefinition of floozy in:
- The British & World English dictionary