Definition of florican in English:
A small southern Asian bustard (bird), the male of which has mainly black plumage with white wings.
- Family Otidae: the Bengal florican (Houbaropsis begalensis) and the lesser florican (Sypheotides indica)
- Rare hoolock gibbons and capped langurs can be seen in the forests, and birds include giant hornbills and Bengal floricans.
- The Lesser Florican is the smallest bustard commonly found in India.
- Low intensity agro-ecosystems in Cambodia hold the largest global population of Bengal Florican.
Late 18th century: of unknown origin.
Definition of florican in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.