Definition of florican in English:
A small southern Asian bustard (bird), the male of which has mainly black plumage with white wings.
- Family Otidae: the Bengal florican (Houbaropsis begalensis) and the lesser florican (Sypheotides indica)
- Rare hoolock gibbons and capped langurs can be seen in the forests, and birds include giant hornbills and Bengal floricans.
- The Lesser Florican is the smallest bustard commonly found in India.
- Low intensity agro-ecosystems in Cambodia hold the largest global population of Bengal Florican.
late 18th century: of unknown origin.
Definition of florican in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia