- (Of a plant) producing many flowers.More example sentences
- Behind the scenes, breeders have been developing pansies that are more floriferous, focusing on plants that produce a more abundant show of 1-to 3-inch-wide flowers rather than fewer but larger blooms.
- There are successful stories of producing floriferous plants with an unusual mixture of colours by hybridisation techniques.
- If your garden is densely planted with very floriferous plants, you can fertilize every 60 days.
mid 17th century: from Latin florifer (from flos, flor- 'flower' + -fer 'producing') + -ous.
More definitions of floriferousDefinition of floriferous in:
- The British & World English dictionary