adjective (flossier, flossiest)
- 1Of or like floss: short flossy curlsMore example sentences
- It is not as displayable as a silver candy dish and I am afraid that people will think I'm crazy if they know that I've kept your stained gown and hold it up to my face and finger the flossy tie strings.
- Her short hair looked soft and flossy in the late afternoon sunshine glinting through the second-storey window, shining on the golden waves.
- On a good day, its coat would have been a pure flossy white, but you wouldn't know from looking at it.
- 2North American • informal Excessively showy: the flossy gleam of a cheap suit she cultivated flossy friendsMore example sentences
- Or is it because they didn't want to mess up their flossy clothes and track bikes?
- I like this CD because it has a nice blend of serious songs and the flossy stuff I like.
More definitions of flossyDefinition of flossy in:
- The British & World English dictionary