(in full Mediterranean flour moth)
- A grayish-yellow moth, the caterpillar of which is a pest of flour and cereal products.
More example sentences
- Ephestia kuehniella, family Pyralidae
- Fujii et al. 2001 demonstrated that the Wolbachia causing feminization in the Asian corn borer, Ostrinia scapulalis, induced male killing when transferred to the Mediterranean flour moth, Ephestia kuehniella.
- Twice per week, predators were fed eggs of the flour moth, Ephestia kuehniella, and provided with bean pods as oviposition substrate and supply of moisture.
- When the same bacteria are injected into the common flour moth Ephestia kuehniella, however, they simply kill the males.