- 1Covered with flour: Maggie wiped her floury hands on her apronMore example sentences
- His quest for salvation could only be aided by her loving, floury hands, and her suburban lifestyle and conservatory existence would welcome a hip - swivelling injection of true rock and roll.
- The chicken was tasty and well-cooked, leaving me to mix up concoctions of guacamole, sour cream, salsa and grated cheese in the warm, floury fajitas.
- The bhajis were small, tasty and not too floury.
- 1.1Of or resembling flour: floury white makeupMore example sentences
- Wheat bread serves up healthy amounts of fiber, B vitamins and iron, instead of the processed floury contents that white bread offers.
- Clay subsoil should feel sticky, slippery and a bit greasy (in contrast, silt and organic matter feel floury and crumbly).
- These elements are fresh, but the salad is doused with bottled dressing - all-natural and organic but still carrying that floury, chemical taste.
- More example sentences
- The attributes of waxiness or flouriness are also influenced by the growing conditions, and by the age of the tuber.
- The doses in this recipe are indicative, seeing that the balance depends on the "flouriness" of the potatoes, their absorbency capacity and the quality of the flour used.
- Once the potatoes are diced, I rinse them to remove excess flouriness, and pat them dry.
More definitions of flouryDefinition of floury in:
- The British & World English dictionary