Definition of flower beetle in English:
Any of a number of beetles that frequent flowers, in particular.
- ● An elongated beetle with soft wing cases (chiefly of the family Melyridae). ● A day-flying chafer (family Scarabaeidae).
- The giant beetle is compared with a minute flower beetle enclosed in a red circle.
- I guess it will be a tricky one to ID beyond being a flower beetle.
- Biological control agents (a defoliating moth, a seed head weevil, and a flower beetle) provide from fair to good control of yellow toadflax.
Definition of flower beetle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.