Definition of flower beetle in English:
Any of a number of beetles that frequent flowers, in particular.
- ● An elongated beetle with soft wing cases (chiefly of the family Melyridae). ● A day-flying chafer (family Scarabaeidae).
- The giant beetle is compared with a minute flower beetle enclosed in a red circle.
- I guess it will be a tricky one to ID beyond being a flower beetle.
- Biological control agents (a defoliating moth, a seed head weevil, and a flower beetle) provide from fair to good control of yellow toadflax.
Definition of flower beetle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India