- A compact mass of flowers at the top of a stem, especially a capitulum.More example sentences
- Seeds were collected from these two rows of the flower head only and at defined days after anthesis.
- The pipewort family, whose plants put forth a single flower head on one stem, is well represented by three kinds of pipeworts, at least two kinds of bog-buttons, and one species of hatpins.
- It relates to the disposition of leaves on a stem and seeds in a flower head.
More definitions of flower headDefinition of flower head in:
- The British & World English dictionary