Definition of flowerpecker in English:
A small songbird with a short bill and tail, feeding chiefly on insects in flowers and found in Australasia and Southeast Asia.
- Family Dicaeidae (the flowerpecker family): two genera, especially Dicaeum. The flowerpecker family also includes the pardalotes and the mistletoe bird
- Fruits displayed on the tips of branches are available primarily to small birds-the flowerpeckers, mynas and delicate, hovering sunbirds that can feed on the wing.
- Just on the other side of one window was a fruiting shrub that attracted two species of leaf birds, as well as orange-bellied flowerpeckers.
- Some groups (e.g. sunbirds, flowerpeckers) have keys to identification.
Definition of flowerpecker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan