noun[treated as singular] Chemistry
- A fine yellow powdered form of sulfur produced by sublimation.More example sentences
- For prevention, flowers of sulfur (sublimed sulfur from a pharmacy) can be sprinkled on socks, shoes and pants legs to deter chiggers.
- For those who prefer not to use DEET, flowers of sulfur is supposed to discourage chiggers as well.
- Carmen's program and her flowers of sulfur quickly healed that angry abscess.
More definitions of flowers of sulfurDefinition of flowers of sulfur in:
- The British & World English dictionary