- 1Full of, resembling, or smelling of flowers: a flowery meadow flowery wallpaperMore example sentences
- My hall bathroom is covered in a festively flowery wallpaper.
- It was covered in beautiful paintings of angels in large flowery meadows.
- A few minutes later I found myself crawling under the flowery, feminine covers with Ms. LaMonica, wishing for Jen to be there with me.
- 1.1(Of a style of speech or writing) full of elaborate or literary words and phrases: flowery languageMore example sentences
- Her character has to contend with flowery, overwrought speeches full of melodrama that are meant to generate some degree of humor, but which tend to fall flat.
- When you think of a Shakespearian play, most conjure up memories of high school productions, period costumes and long and flowery speeches in an outdated and hard to understand language.
- Kabary, the flowery speeches given at all formal, ancestral occasions in the central highlands, are recognized as requiring great skill.
- More example sentences
- We were diving into our popovers as I made some remarks about the strangeness of the model's angular, almost sickly, shoulder blades spilling over the curves and floweriness of this very feminine dress.
- Even allowing for floweriness of language, that a man could so deeply feel his life ruined and wasted as a result chasing a mathematical proof somehow sets me back in my seat.
- These wines, in my experience, are so flavoursome that the floweriness plays second fiddle to a refreshing fruity crispness.