- The chemical element of atomic number 9, a poisonous pale yellow gas of the halogen series. It is the most reactive of all the elements, causing severe burns on contact with skin. (Symbol: F)More example sentences
- The elements hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, fluorine, chlorine, bromine and iodine consist of diatomic molecules.
- The halogens are a group of chemical elements that includes fluorine, chlorine, bromine, iodine, and astatine.
- Potassium also reacts readily with all acids and with many nonmetals, such as sulfur, fluorine, chlorine, phosphorus, and nitrogen.
More definitions of fluorineDefinition of fluorine in:
- The British & World English dictionary