- A synthetic compound that inhibits the uptake of serotonin in the brain and is taken to treat depression. Also called Prozac ( • trademark ).More example sentences
- He was also taking leflunomide, prednisone, naproxen, diazepam, fluoxetine, famotidine, and metoprolol, and acetaminophen or codeine.
- The selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor fluoxetine is effective in this age group.
- Imipramine was the most commonly studied tricyclic antidepressant, and fluoxetine was the most commonly studied SSRI.
More definitions of fluoxetineDefinition of fluoxetine in:
- The British & World English dictionary