- Relating to or denoting erosion or deposition caused by flowing meltwater from glaciers or ice sheets.More example sentences
- During cold stages of the Quaternary, very large amounts of dust were also generated by wind erosion of extensive fluvioglacial outwash deposits, notably in North America, Europe, and Siberia.
- Wetlands may overlie important groundwater aquifers, especially on moraines, eskers, and fluvioglacial deposits.
- The development site has possible Pictish burial cairns on it and the proposed quarry is bordered by a Site of Special Scientific Interest, designated for its assemblage of fluvioglacial landforms.
More definitions of fluvioglacialDefinition of fluvioglacial in:
- The British & World English dictionary