- A division of a police force or other organization that is capable of reaching an incident quickly.More example sentences
- The ultras suddenly surfaced at Lak Chowk and opened fire from close range on the flying squad of the Maisuma police station.
- I think the French police have a culinary flying squad that swoop on amateur cooks and destroy cheap and nasty ingredients.
- The flying squad section of Scotland Yard, annoyed at recent cut backs to the police budget have decided to take matters into their own hands.
More definitions of flying squadDefinition of flying squad in:
- The British & World English dictionary