- A sedimentary deposit consisting of thin beds of shale or marl alternating with coarser strata such as sandstone or conglomerate.More example sentences
- Synorogenic flysch deposits were laid down in front of the advancing allochthonous complexes, and were overridden by them.
- There, the most widespread Ordovician flysch is the Garin Formation.
- He interpreted pre-Easdale Subgroup rocks as flysch and subsequent molasse derived from a Knoydartian orogen.
mid 19th century: from Swiss German dialect.
More definitions of flyschDefinition of flysch in:
- The British & World English dictionary