Definition of flyweight in English:
1A weight in boxing and other sports intermediate between light flyweight and bantamweight. In boxing it ranges from 108 to 112 pounds (48 to 51 kg).
- He has been campaigning in the junior flyweight, flyweight and junior bantamweight divisions, destroying every opponent with frightening aplomb.
- So the Europeans tend to dominate the categories other than flyweight, featherweight and bantamweight.
- Both fighters are in a redemption mission after being dethroned of their SA flyweight and junior flyweight titles respectively.
1.1A flyweight boxer or other competitor.
- What's different about Brian and the rest of flyweights in the world is that he can punch.
- ‘Too hot for fighting flyweights,’ says Tigre, still breathing from the gym.
- It's a short career, especially with flyweights, and you can't afford to go messing about the town.
Definition of flyweight in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan