Definition of folder in English:
1A folding cover or holder, typically made of stiff paper or cardboard, for storing loose papers.
- The bell rang and I stuffed my loose paper into a folder as I threw the pen in a bag and grabbed all my stuff.
- These folders were used to store the sketch, tracing paper, felt, burlap and any other work in progress for the length of this lesson.
- At the end of one session, our collages were placed on the drying rack and our remaining colors of paper were stored in our folders.
1.1An icon on a computer screen that can be used to access a directory containing related files or documents.
- All suspect junk mail is sent in a new junk mail folder.
- So this morning I created a new folder called Reply.
- The filter spits it into the junk mail folder and you never see it.
1.2North American A folded leaflet or a booklet made of folded sheets of paper.
- Stamps were pasted into booklets or folders and redeemed for merchandise.
- An information folder full of help sheets and forms lay on a table which she directed me to.
- But then, a little ways in front of it, there is a long, brown desk with a few folders and flyers for different community events.