Definition of folder in English:
1A folding cover or holder, typically made of stiff paper or cardboard, for storing loose papers.
- The bell rang and I stuffed my loose paper into a folder as I threw the pen in a bag and grabbed all my stuff.
- These folders were used to store the sketch, tracing paper, felt, burlap and any other work in progress for the length of this lesson.
- At the end of one session, our collages were placed on the drying rack and our remaining colors of paper were stored in our folders.
1.1An icon on a computer screen that can be used to access a directory containing related files or documents.
- All suspect junk mail is sent in a new junk mail folder.
- So this morning I created a new folder called Reply.
- The filter spits it into the junk mail folder and you never see it.
1.2North American A folded leaflet or a booklet made of folded sheets of paper.
- Stamps were pasted into booklets or folders and redeemed for merchandise.
- An information folder full of help sheets and forms lay on a table which she directed me to.
- But then, a little ways in front of it, there is a long, brown desk with a few folders and flyers for different community events.
Words that rhyme with folderbeholder, boulder, holder, moulder (US molder), polder, scolder, shoulder, smoulder (US smolder), upholder, withholder
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan