adjective[attributive] • technical
- Of or relating to leaves: foliar color and shapeMore example sentences
- The highest rate of B foliar fertilization resulted in leaf burn but had no other evident detrimental effect on plant growth.
- Dense foliage in irrigated winter wheat may favor development of different foliar and leaf spotting diseases.
- The bean leaf beetle, a foliar feeder, has been observed to most affect early planted beans.
late 19th century: from modern Latin foliaris, from Latin folium 'leaf'.
More definitions of foliarDefinition of foliar in:
- The British & World English dictionary