- (Of a lichen) having a lobed, leaflike shape.More example sentences
- In foliose lichens, there is a second cortex below the medulla.
- This tome includes detailed entries on more than 800 foliose, fruticose, and crustose lichens.
- Therefore, no data were available in these species for the developmental transition of meristem from the juvenile to the mature foliose root.
early 18th century: from Latin foliosus, from folium 'leaf'.
More definitions of folioseDefinition of foliose in:
- The British & World English dictionary