noun (plural folia /-lēə/)• technical
- A thin leaflike structure, e.g., in some rocks or in the cerebellum of the brain.More example sentences
- In case 3, however, we noted Purkinje neuronal drop-out, gliosis, and proliferation of microglial nodules in the cerebellar folia.
- Immediately above the lingula, four or five folia constitute the central lobule of the vermis, which is continuous laterally with the ala of the central lobule.
- This folium was first discussed by Descartes in 1638.
mid 18th century: from Latin, literally 'leaf'.
More definitions of foliumDefinition of folium in:
- The British & World English dictionary