Definition of folivore in English:
An animal that feeds on leaves.
- In contrast, Q. robur exposed to 30% elevated vs ambient UV-B radiation in an outdoor array received more damage by unspecified insect folivores.
- The relationship between Eucalyptus species and their marsupial folivores is a case in point.
- Variation in leaf quality exists at a scale relevant to the foraging choices of individual folivores.
- Example sentences
- Frugivorous lowland gorillas, for example, should both prefer and be more capable of metabolizing ethanol than their more folivorous montane counterparts.
- Previous investigators have noted that the folivorous, dusky-footed wood rat brings fresh, green foliage into its stickhouse.
- The New World howler monkey, which has a notably folivorous diet, evolved full trichromaticity independently of Old World primates.
Definition of folivore in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan