Definition of fool's parsley in English:
A poisonous white-flowered plant of the parsley family, with fernlike leaves and an unpleasant smell, native to Eurasia and North Africa.
- Aethusa cynapium, family Umbelliferae
- Do you have witches’ thimbles, devil's nettle, fool's parsley, or wolf's bane in your garden?
- Both poison hemlock and fool's parsley smell nasty; just roll some leaves between your thumb and forefinger, and smell.
- Although fairly toxic, fool's parsley has occasionally been used in folk medicine.
Definition of fool's parsley in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.