Definition of fool's parsley in English:
A poisonous white-flowered plant of the parsley family, with fernlike leaves and an unpleasant smell, native to Eurasia and North Africa.
- Aethusa cynapium, family Umbelliferae
- Do you have witches’ thimbles, devil's nettle, fool's parsley, or wolf's bane in your garden?
- Both poison hemlock and fool's parsley smell nasty; just roll some leaves between your thumb and forefinger, and smell.
- Although fairly toxic, fool's parsley has occasionally been used in folk medicine.
Definition of fool's parsley in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia