A poisonous white-flowered plant of the parsley family, with fernlike leaves and an unpleasant smell, native to Eurasia and North Africa.
- Aethusa cynapium, family Umbelliferae
More example sentences
- Do you have witches’ thimbles, devil's nettle, fool's parsley, or wolf's bane in your garden?
- Both poison hemlock and fool's parsley smell nasty; just roll some leaves between your thumb and forefinger, and smell.
- Although fairly toxic, fool's parsley has occasionally been used in folk medicine.
More definitions of fool's parsleyDefinition of fool's parsley in:
- The British & World English dictionary