- A size of paper, now standardized at about 13 × 8 (or 13 × 15.75) inches (300 × 200 [or 300 × 400] mm): [as modifier]: a stack of foolscap paperMore example sentences
- She took foolscap paper, turned and folded it to form page spreads, and sewed it to hold the sheets together.
- Always he wrote on the back of foolscap paper, the front of which was filled with an early draft of a section of one of his books.
- There will be about ten sides of foolscap paper, including perhaps half a dozen game reports.
late 17th century: said to be named from a former watermark representing a jester's cap.
More definitions of foolscapDefinition of foolscap in:
- The British & World English dictionary