1A bacterial disease of the feet in hoofed animals, especially sheep.
- The bacteria belong to the genera Bacteroides and Fusobacterium
More example sentences
- There were no differences between treatments for overall morbidity, respiratory, foot rot, bloat, or for the percentage of steers that were retreated.
- Mr. Fallon said the key benefits will be improved animal welfare, a reduction in stress on flocks at assembly time, a reduction in the pain on sheep associated with foot rot and reduced losses associated with worm problems in sheep flocks.
- Recent research points out that some sheep seem to be more resistant to foot rot than others.
Definition of foot rot in:
- The British & World English dictionary