- A form of gambling on the results of football games, the winners receiving amounts accumulated from entry money.More example sentences
- He's nothing other than a guy in the office who was asked to draw the grid for a football pool.
- The very next day, after I began my 365 days of dull, boring existence, I almost got into a football pool, but I held out.
- I lost interest in football for the most part, and didn't come back to it until I joined a football pool at the local deli a few years later.
More definitions of football poolDefinition of football pool in:
- The British & World English dictionary