- 1The sound of a footstep or footsteps: you will recognize his footfall on the stairsMore example sentences
- The endless sound echoed like thunderous footfalls, beating a tattoo on the inside of her skull.
- Kinamori awoke to the sound of heavy footfalls, the clink of chains following each step.
- He would have continued but loud footfalls sounded on the carpet near us and I saw Miss Penny the librarian approaching our table.
- 2British The number of people entering a store or shopping area in a given time: consumer goods shops lost footfall during sunny weekendsMore example sentences
- It's not as if being in the middle of a residential area will improve footfall.
- They say footfall is decreasing in shops and that people are looking at other centres, like Lancaster, to do their shopping.
- The operation will have to be suitable for opening seven days a week in order to encourage footfall into the area.
More definitions of footfallDefinition of footfall in:
- The British & World English dictionary