- 1Walking speed.More example sentences
- We'll describe how the Long Trail is a window on Vermont in the 1990's, offering a view from the mountaintops, at foot pace, of environmental and growth-and-development issues facing all of Vermont.
- We came out on the turnpike some hundred yards on the Liphook side of the buildings called the Hut; so that we had the whole of three miles of hill to come down at not much better than a foot pace, with a good pelting rain at our backs.
- On this spot I saw abundance of plover; and as I walked my horse along at a foot pace, I observed many of the newly hatched young, around which the old birds anxiously hovered, continually resorting to a well-known artifice; and in the hope of alluring an enemy to a false pursuit, limping tenderly away with a flagging wing, as if they were lame.
- 2A raised section of a floor.More example sentences
- I am indebted to Dot Wordsworth's Spectator column for drawing my attention to the wondrous vocabulary of church furnishings - ‘dossals and paenula-shaped chasubles, footpaces and tables of prothesis’.
- Three pillows are placed before the footpace so that the Ministers may lie prostrate before the Altar.
- The footpace in the sanctuary is three tiered, constructed of red oak inlaid in a beautiful pattern.