Definition of forceful in English:
(Especially of a person or argument) strong and assertive; vigorous and powerful: she was a forceful personality forceful, imaginative marketing
More example sentences
- Denied by the golden goal in 1996 they have re-emerged a stronger and more forceful unit.
- Not being the most assertive or forceful of people I take it all too personally and can get quite upset.
- The winds were strong and forceful, causing floods in most villages, but no one was hurt.
- Example sentences
- Her political rise has rightly been a source of pride for many Britons of West Indian ancestry, and her combination of forcefulness and grace is proving a major advantage in the tricky negotiations inevitable in her new post.
- The art impresses with its vitality and forcefulness.
- Her songs are tough and earthy, hating mere prettiness when fieriness or forcefulness are required.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.