- 1Done by force: signs of forcible entryMore example sentences
- The person who uses defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.
- Someone or something has made a forcible entry.
- Future airlifters will likely retain this requirement since it is an essential element of the Army's forcible entry mission.
- 1.1Vigorous and strong; forceful: they could only be deterred by forcible appealsMore example sentences
- In his strongest and most forcible performance from the podium, Mr Sargent succeeded in putting across two key messages.
- Arguments must therefore be crude, clear and forcible, and appeal to emotions and instincts, not the intellect.
- It is a stronger power, a more forcible motive, which exerts itself upon such occasions.
late Middle English: from Old French, from force (see force1).