verb (past foreknew; past participle foreknown)[with object] • literary
- Be aware of (an event) before it happens: he foreknows his death like a saintMore example sentences
- First, the short answer to the question whether God can foreknow contingent events is no.
- He had explained that, for the purposes of their discussion, he was assuming that God does not cause the events he foreknows: he knows them because they happen, rather than their happening because he foreknows them.
- It is through the Dandy that the artist foreknows his double nature.
More definitions of foreknowDefinition of foreknow in:
- The British & World English dictionary