- 1A lock of hair growing just above the forehead.More example sentences
- His shaggy forelock of dark hair was sticking up oddly over his shocked eyes.
- It started to snow and through the snow I saw a greenish forelock to the armless girl's hair.
- Red hair was greased back, allowing only two forelocks to fall.
- 1.1The part of the mane (of a horse or similar animal) that grows from the poll and hangs down over the forehead.More example sentences
- They have an erect mane and lack the forelock of a horse.
- He has an all-white body with colored ears and some color in his forelock and mane, but I believe that will disappear and he will become all white.
- The saddle, armor, and bit of his horse were green as well, and each of the green strands of the horse's mane, forelock, and tail was braided with a gold thread and a string of golden bells.
More definitions of forelockDefinition of forelock in:
- The British & World English dictionary