Definition of forelock in English:
1A lock of hair growing just above the forehead.
- His shaggy forelock of dark hair was sticking up oddly over his shocked eyes.
- It started to snow and through the snow I saw a greenish forelock to the armless girl's hair.
- Red hair was greased back, allowing only two forelocks to fall.
1.1The part of the mane (of a horse or similar animal) that grows from the poll and hangs down over the forehead.
- They have an erect mane and lack the forelock of a horse.
- He has an all-white body with colored ears and some color in his forelock and mane, but I believe that will disappear and he will become all white.
- The saddle, armor, and bit of his horse were green as well, and each of the green strands of the horse's mane, forelock, and tail was braided with a gold thread and a string of golden bells.
Words that rhyme with forelockoarlock, warlock
Definition of forelock in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan