Definition of forelock in English:
1A lock of hair growing just above the forehead.
- His shaggy forelock of dark hair was sticking up oddly over his shocked eyes.
- It started to snow and through the snow I saw a greenish forelock to the armless girl's hair.
- Red hair was greased back, allowing only two forelocks to fall.
1.1The part of the mane (of a horse or similar animal) that grows from the poll and hangs down over the forehead.
- They have an erect mane and lack the forelock of a horse.
- He has an all-white body with colored ears and some color in his forelock and mane, but I believe that will disappear and he will become all white.
- The saddle, armor, and bit of his horse were green as well, and each of the green strands of the horse's mane, forelock, and tail was braided with a gold thread and a string of golden bells.
Words that rhyme with forelockoarlock, warlock
Definition of forelock in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.