1Give (something) legal or formal status.
More example sentences
- The civil union legislation exists because the Marriage Act as it was - the only basis to formalise the legal status of relationships - was vulnerable to human rights complaints.
- Besides formalizing the legal equality of women, such a ruling could help fortify the resolve of police who must invariably come to the women's aid and repel acts of aggression.
- In August, Pin and Pornsanong signed a memorandum formalizing the deal.
- More example sentences
- The formalisation of the agreement is a reflection of the quality of the service provided by TCM for our viewers.
- Subsequent disputes over the formalization of the settlement agreement may be resolved by common sense within the framework of the settlement or by application to the Court.
- My understanding was that the signing of the wording would be nothing more than the formalisation of the agreement that had been reached.
Definition of formalize in:
- The British & World English dictionary