- A sensation like insects crawling over the skin.More example sentences
- Itching, tingling, and ‘formication’ (sensation as of crawling insects) are also common symptoms due to bubbles forming in the skin.
- Pimozide is similar to haloperidol in chemical structure and potency, and has been shown to be uniquely effective in the treatment of this condition, especially in decreasing formication.
- Here the symptoms were epileptic seizures, spastic movements, dance-like twitching, and formication.
early 18th century: from Latin formicatio(n-), from formicare 'crawl like an ant' (said of the pulse or skin), from formica 'ant'.
More definitions of formicationDefinition of formication in:
- The British & World English dictionary