Definition of formulation in English:
1The action of devising or creating something: the formulation of foreign policy
More example sentences
- Working Against Poverty is designed to assist groups specially in contributing to policy formulation on anti-poverty issues.
- In policy formulation, follow the concept of public servants reaching out to the people and not vice versa.
- Only the best-organized groups play an active role in the first phase of policy development, formulation.
1.1A particular expression of an idea, thought, or theory.
- The first aspect of Field's case is to rebut this charge, by providing nominalistic formulations of scientific theories.
- Within identity theory varying formulations have been developed, including those by Stryker and Burke.
- Again we can find no basis for this in quantum theory, where some formulations do not contain wave function collapse or even wave functions.
2A material or mixture prepared according to a particular formula.
- Of course, these are most effective when prepared in a balanced formulation according to the constitution and symptoms of the patient.
- Our database did not contain diagnoses, dosage recommendations, or individually prepared drug formulations.
- Acid in the glyphosate formulation is what actually kills weeds.
Definition of formulation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.